Easy to print, easy to fill at high throughputs, extremely rigid and tough, both on filling lines and at the point of sale, and fully recyclable : steel beverage can is a modern phenomenon on a global scale.
Demand for beverage cans has shown steady growth of 4% per year on average in Europe for the past 10 years.
The ideal beverage container
Composed of a drawn and wall ironed steel body (DWI process) and a seamed metal end, the beverage can is attractive for all of us:
- Convenient for the consumer as it is robust, light, compact, easy to open, cool and fresh.
- Efficient for the beverage maker as it protects content from air and light, it is ideal for carbonated beverages and it communicates a trendy and young image.
- Effective for the environment: it is 100% recyclable and in Europe, nearly two out of every three steel cans are recycled.
ArcelorMittal: competitiveness, innovation, service
With 2 production sites in Europe, ArcelorMittal Packaging Europe is positioned as a world leader in DWI steel and offers an organisation fully dedicated to the entire beverage industry:
- A team of experienced engineers supported by the ArcelorMittal Research to continuously improve processes and support new developments at the customers
- A team specialised in recycling, working with the European packaging steel producers’ association APEAL and involved in the promotion of least-cost steel can recycling in Europe
- An intense participation with all the organization promoting the beverage can in Europe, such as BCME.