“les Canettes d’Or”, first awards by French beverage can association La Boîte Boisson
November 29, 2017
As part of Metal Packaging Europe, la Boîte Boisson* promotes in France the use and recycling of metal beverage cans. ArcelorMittal actively supports this professional association who celebrated last November 29, in Paris, “les Canettes d’Or”, its first award ceremony to promote the best metal cans launched between June 2016 and September 2017.
The winners, chosen by a panel of judges among 11 winning categories are:
- Graphic design for soft drinks and water— Schweppes Virgin Mojito, 250ml can;
- Graphic design for beer and alcoholic drinks— Jenlain, 500ml can;
- Marketing— Orangina’s upside down 330ml can;
- Slim can— Perrier limited series Juan Travieso, 250ml can; and Sprite Menthe, 250ml can;
- Advertising— TV ad for the launch of flavoured waters by Extraordinaire Perrier;
- Own brand design— Hilbörg rosé beer by Leclerc, 250ml can;
- Young company or small player— La Bête 8°, 500ml can;
- Best can as voted by internet users— Star Wars Space Punch, 330ml slim can;
Three additional awards acknowledging recycling activities in partnership with the programme Chaque Canette Compte (Every Can Counts), were granted to the ELISE recycling network, the Saint Joseph high school in Saint Martin Boulogne, and Coca-Cola.
ArcelorMittal contributes to “chaque Canette compte” with the objective of collecting and recycling beverage cans consumed that are not consumed at home. Since 2010, more than 500 events were organised, reaching 10 million people in France. 80% of steel beverage cans are recycled in France.
As a reminder, steel is a permanent material, it can be recycled forever, without any loss of properties. Discover more in our Steel for Packaging video on the right hand column.
* La Boîte Boisson’s members are canmakers Ardagh Group, Ball Packaging Europe, Crown Bevcan Europe, and metal suppliers ArcelorMittal and Constellium.